The purpose of this resolution is to inform users of Advantys Ethernet Network Interface Modules (STB NIP 2212) that the following files have been upgraded:
- Executive firmware has been upgraded to version 1.16.0. The previous Exec. version was 1.12.0.
- The Web pages have been upgraded to version 1.12.0. The previous Web version was 1.10.0.
- The Kernel had been previously upgraded to version 1.07.0.
The Exec. was updated to fix the following issues:
1. Outputs could come on for 500ms under certain conditions.
2. The LAN ST LED would blink 4 times (duplicate address detected) if a hub or switch is powered up after 2 or more Ethernet NIMs on a network are powered up.
3. During initialization, the LAN ST LED blink pattern appeared as valid LAN Status codes and could be misinterpreted as an error or status.
4. LAN ST LED blinks 4 times (duplicate address detected) if a link was broken and then re-established between the NIM and a hub/switch
5. Inconsistent Ethernet NIM response times.
6. Unable to accurately count an error code blink pattern with the ERRor LED.
7. A failure loading the Exec. may randomly occur when using the Loader Utility (dated 12/8/03).
The Web pages, updated to version 1.12.0, were changed with the following:
1. Adds CAN Extension modules to the Web pages.
2. Increased the size of some text boxes that would not properly display all of the characters in that field.
This affects STBNIP2212's with:
Exec. version 1.12.0 or lower.
Web pages at 1.10.0 or lower.
Updating the Exec. to v.1.16.0 and the Web pages to v.1.12.0 resolves the above mentioned issues.
The attached document contains the following:
- Description of the Problems
- File Information
- Accessing the Files
- An updated Field Upgrade Procedure
(Removed File URL: 163673_59B6/stbnip2212exec116_v1.doc)(Removed Image URL: /PubResEXPORT.nsf/2b87ee90be777fc085257c28006ee4ef/0378d13b210ea1b685256ecc00678e8b/fl_block_5/0.14D4?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif)
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL163673 V1.0, Originally authored by on , Last Edited by on
Related ranges: Advantys STB