What causes an OPF1 fault on the ATV61 or ATV71 drives?
Altivar ATV61 and ATV71
All ATV61 and ATV71 drives
1 phase loss between the drive and motor.
This fault is triggered when the drive detects one of the motor phases has been lost (or has very low current) for more than 500 msec.
- Check all connections between the drive and motor. Re-seat connections and check for torque.
- Using clamp-ons measure current on each motor lead to see if you have low current on one or more phases.
- Using a 1000 V Megger, test the motor and leads.
- For testing, turn off OPL detection on the drive, disconnect the motor leads from the drive, run the drive at 20Hz, 40Hz, and 60Hz, and measure output voltage phase to phase at each speed. You want the voltages balanced and correct for the speed you're running the drive. Be sure to turn OPL detection back on after testing.
- Go to 1.8 menu: Scroll down to Output Phase loss- Output time detect- set to 5 secs. Power cycle the drive and then try to run again.