Instructions required for upgrading AP9613's firmware
- UPS Device Management
- AP9613 Dry Contact I/O SmartSlot Card
- All firmware versions
- All serial numbers
- Scenario requiring an update
APC often releases updates for firmware upgradable products, such as AP9613, in order to address bugs or add new features. These instructions will provide steps for a user to follow in order to successfully update the AP9613.
Download the appropriate firmware file (if available), from apc.com or contact technical support for the file. Follow the steps below in order to update your AP9613.
The required configuration utility for this procedure requires a computer with a Windows operating system and an available USB port.
- Ensure the AP9613 is installed and powered up in your UPS. Connect the included mini-USB cable the AP9613's USB port and to your computer's open USB port.
- The AP9613 will show as a "Removable Disk" or a "Device with Removable Storage" and show as a drive on your computer, similar to a flash drive. Navigate to My Computer (or Computer) and observe the the drive letter your AP9613 displays. See below for an example. If you do not see this device listed similar to below, ensure your USB connection is secure, that the AP9613 is powered, and consider trying a different USB cable or different computer.
- Double click the "AP9613 Dry Contact I/O SmartSlot" drive icon or right click and choose "Open" on the icon.
- Launch the Configuration Utility (runme.hta) that is located in the root of that drive.
- After the Configuration Utility has opened, select the Firmware tab at the top and your screen should look similar to below.
- Select the Browse button and browse your computer for the update file (for example, apc_hw07_dcio_101.zip).
- Once the path is chosen to the correct file, press Upload.
- When prompted within the Configuration Utility (as seen below), disconnect the USB cable from your computer. The Configuration Utility will close and disappear and the card will apply the update and restart itself momentarily.
- Repeat the steps above to launch the Configuration Utility again and to check the Firmware Tab to ensure the firmware has been updated successfully.