This document describes what to look for in an legacy airflow unit if you discover a loud noise or squealing noise.
Airflow, AFX, CCT, CM, TC.
All Product models, all serial numbers.
Possible fan or motor bearing noise.
Loud noises or squealing coming from unit is usually indicative of a fan issue.
- Bearings need to be check for proper lubrication.
- Blower wheel and housing need to be checked for alignment.
- Fan belt and motor pulley. Check for worn belt or dirty and grease on the pulley.
- Check for cracks in the motor adjustment plate.
- Ensure that the motor is secure to the motor adjustment plate.
- Verify motor amperage to the namplate (overheating).
- NOTE: most bearings are a sealed cartridge style which need to be replaced, pillow block bearings should be greased accordingly.