Help is needed to identify an IEC connector.
Cables and Connectivity Solutions
All AC power cords.
There are many different shapes and sizes for IEC connectors, and different amp ratings. There are also male and female versions of each.
The attached file will help you correctly identify a connector and it's gender. Compare these drawings to the port on the device or the connector on the cable.
Notice that the female connectors are all odd numbers and the males are even: IEC 320-C1 is female, and IEC 320-C2 is male.
If you're having difficulty differentiating between a male and a female connector please follow these guidelines:
1) A male IEC320 connector on a cable plugs into a power source.
2) A female IEC320 connector on a cable plugs into a device requiring power.
3) If the connector on the device is a male you need a female on the cable.
4) If the connector on the device is a female you need a male on the cable.
5) To extend the length of an existing cable requires a male to female cable.
For a list of IEC 320 connectors please see the attached file: