Process for downloading log files when requested by technical support.
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
- Basic Appliance (AP9465)
- Standard Appliance (AP9470)
- Enterprise Appliance (AP9475)
- Virtual Appliance (AP94VMACT)
StruxureWare Central (SWC)
InfraStruXure Central (ISXC)
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (all versions)
StruxureWare Central (all versions)
InfraStruXure Central (all versions)
Technical support will only investigate issues if they are apparent within the software. Data Center Expert logs contain many different messages, ranging from Informational alerts to Critical issues.
1) Open a Web Browser and Navigate to: https://DCE_IP/capturelogs
Example URL: https://10.11.12.13/capturelogs
2) Login with local administrator credentials.
Active Directory credentials are not supported for accessing and downloading capturelogs.
3) If a download link for log files is displayed, click on Delete Files. This will remove the old archive and allow you to create a new archive to provide to technical support.
4) Click on Create Service Log Archive.
5) Once the new log files package is generated, click on the link to download.
6) Provide to technical support for analysis of your issue. Technical support can provide an upload location if the log files are too big to send via email.