Upgrade Procedure for Version 2 and version 3 Appliances with Advanced View
NetBotz version 2 and 3 appliances
The following article outlines the procedure for upgrading a NetBotz appliance using Advanced View.
Upgrading from the NetBotz Web Site
- Login to the appliance using the Advanced View with a username and password that has full Administrator access.
- Select Configuration from the icon toolbar.
- Double click on the Upgrade icon in the bottom pane of the Configuration View.
- The Upgrade window will appear.
- From the Upgrade window there are two ways to upgrade the appliance:
- Allow the NetBotz Advanced View to connect to the NetBotz / APC Web Site and retrieve the upgrade files
- Download the appropriate upgrade file from the NetBotz Support Web Site manually and save it to a local drive and upgrade from the local file.
Upgrading from a Local File
- From the Upgrade window, click on the button titled Check NetBotz website.
- Once clicked, Advanced View will attempt to connect to the NetBotz updates website and determine the latest BotzWare available.
- If there is a successful connection, the following screen will appear displaying the current level of BotzWare and Advanced View on the appliance vs the levels available to upgrade.
- If the version of the BotzWare and Advanced View are newer on the updates site, then the checkbox will be enabled. Simply check the boxes to upgrade the BotzWare or Advanced View or both then click on the OK button.
- At this point, the Advanced View will download the selected BotzWare, upgrade the appliance and/or the Advanced View.
- First using a web browser, download the appropriate BotzWare upgrade file (a .zip file) to the PC. The upgrade file for version 2 appliances are no longer available. If you have a version prior to 2.6.2, please contact technical support. Version 3 appliance upgrades can be found on the APC download page: www.apc.com/tools/download or on the product page for any of the version 3 appliances.
- Unzip the BotzWare upgrade file to a subdirectory.
- From the Advanced View Upgrade window, click on the Browse button.
- Using the file selector dialog that appears, select the master.release.av file then click on the Open button.
- If the version of the BotzWare and Advanced View are newer on the updates site, then the checkbox wills will be enabled. Simply check the boxes to upgrade the BotzWare or Advanced View or both then click on the OK button.
- At this point, the Advanced View will upgrade the appliance and/or the Advanced View.
Upgrading an appliance will cause the appliance to restart.