NetBotz Fiber Pod Extender
NetBotz Fiber pod extender.
The NetBotz Fiber Pod Extender is composed of two main components:
- Local Extender Unit
- Remote Extender Unit
The Fiber Pod Extender has an integrated 4 port USB hub built into the Remote Extender Unit.
The NetBotz Fiber Pod Extenders support up to 1640 feet (500 meters) of CAT-5 cabling between the local and remote ends.
Local Extender Unit:
- Attaches to NetBotz 420 or 500 via standard USB cable
- Upstream = USB B connector (connects to the 420 or 500)
- Downstream = MT-RJ connector (connects to the Remote Extender Unit)
Remote Extender Unit:
- Integrated 1 port USB hub
- Upstream = MT-RJ connector (connects to the Local Extender Unit)
- Downstream = USB A connector (connects to camera or sensor pods)
- Maximum of 1 hub can be connected to the Remote Extender Unit to extend an additional 16 feet or 5 meters.
Both ends of the Fiber Pod Extender must be powered.
Fiber Cabling Specifications:
- The fiber cabling must provide a duplex connection and be terminated with MT-RJ connectors at both ends.
- To ensure proper operation, only 62.5/125 multimode or 50/125 multimode cabling should be used to connect the Local Extender Unit to the Remote Extender Unit.