USB CAT-5 Pod Extender Specifications
NetBotz CAT5 pod extender
The NetBotz CAT-5 Pod Extender is composed of two main components:
- Local Extender Unit
- Remote Extender Unit
There are two versions of the NetBotz CAT-5 Pod Extender:
- Model 110i - which has 1 USB port on the remote end
- Model 410i - which has 4 USB ports on the remote end
The NetBotz CAT-5 Pod Extenders support up to 330 feet of CAT-5 cabling between the local and remote ends.
Local Extender Unit:
- Attaches to NetBotz 420 or 500 via standard USB cable
- Upstream = USB “B” connector (connects to the 420 or 500)
- Downstream = RJ-45 connector (connects to the Remote Extender Unit)
Remote Extender Unit:
- Integrated 1 port USB hub
- Upstream = RJ-45 connector (connects to the Local Extender Unit)
- Downstream = USB “A” connector(s) (connects to camera or sensor pods)
- Maximum of 1 hub can be connected to the Remote Extender Unit to extend an additional 16 feet or 5 meters.
Only one end of the CAT-5 Pod Extender has to be powered. The power can be supplied to the Local or Remote Pod Extender.