Configuration Guidelines for using PPP over GSM/GPRS card
NetBotz version 2 using GSM/GPRS
Configuring GSM/GPRS cards to establish a PPP link can be a challenge; however, it all depends on what settings are required to establish a PPP link with a GSM/GPRS service provider.
Before you begin, make sure the supported GSM/GPRS card has a valid SIM.
A successful PPP connection (i.e. with Cingular in the U.S.) via GSM/GPRS may be established by 2 basic steps:
* Set "Phone Number" to *99# (it signalizes GPRS network that this is not a regular phone call but a GPRS connection)
* On Advanced tab, UNCHECK "end LCP echo request to peer"
* Leave everything else default
Some GPRS service providers require more settings for a successful PPP connection (more common in Europe and Asia). Contact your GPRS provider for the following:
* Country code (if supported by the modem)
* User ID/Password
* Access Point Name (APN), used in "Extra Initialization commands" field in this format:
Where <APN> should be replaced with a specified APN of the desired GSM/GPRS network.
Note:To ensure your card and SIM are working correctly, install the card in your laptop or handheld first, then install it in the NetBotz appliance.