Smart-UPS C Series FAQ
All SMC models, All Serial Numbers
- What is the new Smart-UPS C series?
- The Smart-UPS C series is our new entry level Smart-UPS product designed for Entry-level Servers and Small Office / Home Office applications. They output a pure sinewave, are fully compatible with PFC power supplies, and feature a new LCD Interface. Identifiable by the prefix ""SMC"" in the part number, they are available as dedicated Tower or Rack-Mount models in 1000 VA and 1500 VA capacities.
- What capacity are the new SMC units available in?
- 1000 and 1500VA in both Rack and Tower form factors
- What plug type do SMC models use?
- Domestic units solid in North America use NEMA 5-15 plugs for input and output. International models sold worldwide use IEC C13/14 plugs.
- What software is compatible with the SMC Smart-UPS?
- The SMC Smart-UPS supports Powerchute Business Edition. SMC products do not have a Smart-Slot and cannot support a Network Management Card or Powerchute Network Shutdown. Models with a "C" suffix (IE: SMC1000C, SMC1500C) include Smartconnect Cloud Connectivity
- What communications ports are available?
- All SMC units have both a USB port and a RJ-45 style Serial port, only a USB cable is included with the product. A serial cable is an option that can be purchased separately, Part number AP940-0625a. Models with a "C" suffix (IE: SMC1000C, SMC1500C) also include an ethernet port for Smartconnect Cloud Connectivity
- Is the LCD display the same as I have seen on SMT and SMX Smart-UPS products?
- No, the SMC LCD display is a simplified interface that offers graphic and LED statuses, with a display button that provides detail ratings on the power and load attached to the UPS.
- Do the SMC units have switchable outlet groups?
- What mounting hardware do the rackmount versions ship with?
- SMC rack mount units ship with a rack mount brackets that are compatible with both 2 and 4 post racks. It can be used with either square hole or threaded hole racks without modification. Users that desire more stability with a 4 post rack can purchase a 4 post rack mount rail kit, part number SU032A separately.
- How efficient are the new SMC models?
- SMC models feature a high efficiency ""green"" mode that achieves efficiencies of up to 98%.
- What is the Warranty for ""C"" Sseries Smart-UPS?
- 2 years from date of purchase for both the UPS and the Battery
- How do I change the sensitivity setting from the LCD interface?
- - Turn UPS off
- - Press and hold the Power Button for 6 seconds
- - Sensitivity setting will display (Default setting is high)
- - Press the menu button to toggle through settings
- - After 4 seconds of no activity the unit will exit this mode and setting will take effect
- (Note: You do not need to turn output power off if adjusting sensitivity via software)
- How do I turn off the LCD display?
- To activate LCD Power Saving Mode:
- Press and hold Display button for 2 seconds
- UPS will Beep to confirm Power Saving Mode is active
- LCD will now go dark after 60 seconds of no activity
- LCD will light when an event occurs or a button is pressed
- How do I initiate a Self-Test?
- Press and hold the MUTE button, then press the DISPLAY button for 2 seconds
- Unit will emit a short beep and Self-Test will start
- When the Self-Test completes the UPS will return to on-line operation
- The self-test can also be initiated via the software.