Mounting a Rack Mount Symmetra or Rack Mount Smart-UPS to a 2 Post Rack
Smart-UPS, Smart-UPS Online, Symmetra
All rack mount models, All Serial Numbers
Some users may be using a 2 post rack instead of a standard 4 post IT Rack.
We offer 2 post Rack Mount Kits for Smart-UPS, Smart-UPS Online, and Symmetra units.
All Rackmount Smart-UPS 2U or larger in height, as well as associated external battery packs
The following Symmetra models: SYH2K6RMT-, SYH4K6RMT-, SY6K6RMT-, SY8K12RMT-, SY12K12RMT-, SYH2K6RMi, SYH4K6RMi, SY6K6RMi, SY8K12RMi, SY12K12RMi
All 2U Step down Transformers (Including models bundled with SURT and SRT Smart-UPS Online Products)
All Smart-UPS Online SURT models 10Kva or less and associated external battery packs (NOTE: If your UPS is not a Rackmount model you will also need the SURTRK or SURTRK2 rail kit in addition to the AP9625)
- All Smart-UPS Online SURT models larger than 10Kva (These units are 2 modules and require Qty2 SYOPT12)
- All Symmetra LX
The 2 Post rack kits all install the same way:
NOTE: You must use a separate rack kit for each piece of equipment.
- Install Rackmount ears on the front of the UPS
- Attach 2 rails to the front of the rack using included screws
- Attach 2 rails to the back of the rack using included screws
- Slide UPS into rail kit and secure ears to rails using included screws
The following video demonstrates how to install a two post rack kit: