KVMXXXX Series Support for HP iLO FAQ
- Which KVMXXXX SKUs support HP iLO?
Only the KVM Access software supports HP iLO. KVMXXXX SKUs do not support iLO directly from their interface.
- Which version(s) of iLO does the KVM Access Software support?
iLO and iLO2 are both are supported via a Generic Device within the KVM Access software.
- What is the iLO functionality, does the software just launch the iLO interface?
Yes, the KVM Access Software just launches to the the iLO interface.
- Can I directly connect the iLO port on the HP server to the KVM via a CAT5e/6 cable?
No, the KVM is connected to a Dongle via the CAT5 cable. The dongle is connected to the VGA port, mouse, and keyboard ports on the target device. The KVM does not connect to the iLO card.
- With the iLO support, can the KVM turn on/off HP servers without the need for a Switched Rack PDU?
- If using the iLO launched by the KVM Access Software, can I turn on/off the server directly without a Switched Rack PDU?