How do I reset the password on my AP5201/AP5202, AP5808/AP5816, or KVM0108A/KVM0116A Analog KVM product?
- Rack Accessories - KVM Switches
- All serial numbers
- All firmware versions (unless otherwise specified)
- Small philips head screwdriver available
Lost or forgotten password
- Turn off the power to the Analog KVM Switch or Rack LCD with integrated KVM Switch.Open the top cover of Analog KVM Switch, and short the jumper marked "Restore Default Password". On the AP5808/AP5816, you need to open the rear section of the unit's cover and look for the jumper labeled J17. (The "rear section of the unit" refers to the portion of the AP5808 or AP5816 unit that houses the KVM Switch port connections and remains stationary in the rack when the Rack LCD portion of the unit slides in and out of the rack.)
- With the jumper shorted, turn on power to the Analog KVM Switch or Integrated KVM unit, and wait until the LEDs stop blinking, then turn off the power.
- Return the jumper to the open position, and replace the cover.
- Turn the power back on for the device. The assigned usernames and passwords will all be cleared. Start the OSD with the default user name and password, which is blank for both username and password on AP5201/AP5202 and apc/apc for AP5808/AP5816 and KVM0108A/KVM0116A.