Does pressing the pinhole reset button on a Metered or Switched Rack PDU or Rack ATS cause the outlets to reboot or disrupt power in any way?
- Rack Power Distribution - Power Distribution Units and Automatic Transfer Switch
- AP77XX - Rack ATS
- AP44XX - Rack ATS
- AP78XX - Metered Rack PDU
- AP79XX - Switched Rack PDU
- AP84XX - Metered By Outlet PDU
- AP86XX - Switched Rack PDU with Metering By Outlet
- AP88XX - Metered Rack PDU 2G
- AP89XX - Switched Rack PDU 2G
Many users ask if rebooting their network management card affects outlet status or power output of their device. See below for additional information.
Resetting the network interface using the small reset button near the network jack has no effect
on the electrical output of the Rack PDU or Rack ATS. This procedure simply reboots the embedded Network Management Card, which will render the network port inaccessible for a short period of time while it reboots.
However, on AP7XXX series, if you press and hold the display button (the gray button near the LCD) while the network interface is rebooting (you will see 88 on the display) and the outlets WILL turn off
. APC recommends that you never press the display button during reboot of the network interface and there is no functional reason that requires a user to ever do this.