How do you install an Isolated Extension Cable with a Share-UPS?
Need assistance on installing the Isolated Extension Cable (IEC) with a Share UPS.
- UPS Management
- Share UPS (AP9207)
- Isolated Extension Cable (AP9825)
Proper installation is required or else the device may not function as expected.
Excerpt from the user's manual:
- Do not use more than one Isolated Extension Cable in a series data path.
- The UPS ON command is not supported when an APC accessory generating the ON command is connected at the server end. If you want to ensure UPS ON capability, connect the accessory to the UPS end.
(You can use the accessory's Advanced Port or one of its Basic Ports.)
- The Isolated Extension Cable operates at 2400 baud. Some devices, such as the PowerNet SNMP Adapter or Network Management Card 2 can run at higher rates. Locate these devices such that the Isolated Extension Cable is not in line with them, or set the device to operate at 2400 baud.
**The Control-UPS/400 is no longer manufactured by APC and is discontinued.
- Use of the Isolated Extension Cable is not supported when it is connected between a Control-UPS/400 (APC Part Number AP9012) and the AS/400 server**. When using the Isolated Extension Cable with a Control-UPS/400, connect the Isolated Extension Cable between the Control-UPS/400 and the UPS.