Video: "Failed to download the Cab file" error when launching SCADA web client
Starting the SCADA web client, a failed to download the Cab file error is displayed.
PowerLogic SCADA 7.x
PowerSCADA Expert 8.x
SCADA Web Client
The necessary ActiveX settings are not configured to allow the Cab file to be downloaded in the Trusted Sites zone.
To Modify the Trusted sites levels and Enable/Disable Active X settings,
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Go to Tools > Internet Options.
3. In the Internet Options window, select the Security Tab.
4. In the Security Tab, select Trusted Sites in "Select a zone to view or change security settings".
5. Select the "Allowed Levels for this zone: All" and set the slider to Low.
6. Click Custom level button to open the Security Settings - Trusted Sites Zone dialog box.
7. Scroll down to the "ActiveX controls and Plug-ins" section and enable/disable the following Active X settings:
Enable - Allow ActiveX Filtering
Enable - Allow previously unused ActiveX controls to run without prompt
Enable - Allow Scriptlets
Enable - Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls
Enable - Binary and script behaviors
Enable - Display video and animation on a web page that does not use external media player.
Enable - Download signed ActiveX controls
Enable - Download unsigned ActiveX controls
Enable - Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked safe for scripting
Disable - Only allow approved domains to use ActiveX without prompt
Enable - Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
Disable - Run anti-malware software on ActiveX controls
Enable - Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
8. Click Ok.
9. Click Apply, then click Ok.