COM'X 210/510: How to setup communication to a device located downstream of another gateway on the network
Setup communication to a device connected downstream of another gateway on the network via serial RS-485.
Enerlin'X COM'X 210/510 Gateways
Enerlin'X COM'X Gateways
Required to setup real-time data viewing or data logging on the COM'X gateway.
1. Login to the COM'X gateway by navigating to the device's IP address and use the credentials setup [Default: (admin/admin)] to login to the webserver.
2. Navigate to the "Device Settings" tab and select "Create a New Device" from the drop-down menu located in the "Ethernet" section.
3. In the 'Create a new device' pop-up window, select the device type of the other Ethernet gateway and define a name, host (gateway's IP address) and port as 502 for ModbusTCP.
4. Navigate to the "Device Settings" tab and select "Create a New Device" from the drop-down menu located in the "Modbus Serial" section.
5. In the 'Create a new device' pop-up window, select the device type of the serial device and define a name, commodity, connected to, slave ID (device's modbus address) and usage.
*Note: Ensure that the applicable Ethernet gateway is selected in the 'Connected to' field and verify that the IP address is correct.
6. Both the Ethernet gateway and the serial device should appear under the 'Device Settings' tabs.
7. Check the real-time data readings of the device to verify that the devices are communicating successfully. This can be done by selecting the applicable device via the Monitoring->Single Device View tabs.