Using ProTester DNP Master with ION meters
A user may be unable to test DNP communications on an ION meter.
ProTester DNP Master
***Note: ProTester DNP Master is a product of INFO TECH, and is not supported by Schneider Electric. For information on operating/troubleshooting the software, please contact INFO TECH.***
ProTester DNP Master is a master station simulator for DNP3.0 protocol. A trial version can be downloaded from the INFO TECH website.
The following procedure demonstrates how to setup ProTester DNP Master to perform a Class 0 Poll on an ION meter.
IONxxxx default DNP configuration:
- All DNP objects are returned in response to Class 0 Poll.
- Analog Input Objects (16-bit analog input without flag) are returned in response to Object 30, Variation 4.
- Binary Counter Objects (16-bit binary counter without flag) are returned in response to Object 20, Variation 6.
To Configure ProTester DNP Master to Communicate with an ION meter
- Select Edit > Add Line
- Line element represents a physical connection and communication settings of the master station.
- Configure the ‘line’ by setting the Connection type to either Serial line or Ethernet
- If Ethernet connection, specify the device IP address
- If Serial line connection, specify the Port, Speed, and Parity
- Select Edit > Add Station
- Station element allows to configure communication of the master station with a given slave station.
- Configure the ‘Station’ by assigning a station address:
- Highlight Sequence and select Edit > Add Frame
- Sequence element is a container grouping other elements composing a communication procedure.
- Configure the frame by selecting the desired Object group, Object variation, Start point (if applicable), and End point (if applicable).
- Select Simulation > Start
Same frame can be modified with other functions and variations. Below are two examples: