How to manually set the clock in a Modicon PLC using Concept software?
Goals and Symptoms
The Time of Day clock in a Modicon PLC consist of 8 registers. The steps below explains how to manually set the clock on the Modicon PLC should you want to synchronize the PLC clock with a HMI or SCADA.
Causes and Fixes
1)From the Control Register 4x
- Enter 0000h. This will stop the clock from being updated
2) Set the TOD registers 4x + 1 to 4x + 7 to the correct time.
3) From the Control Register 4x, enter 8000h (This sets bit 1, Clock value are being set).
If successful, the control Register should display 2000h,
4) From the Control Register 4x
- Enter 4000h (This sets bit 2, Clock values are being read)
If successful, the control Register should display 2000h