Is it possible to change the default Report password for ION Reporter?
ION Reporter password by default, 'report', is very weak.
ION Enterprise 5.x
ION Enterprise 6.x
Power Monitoring Expert 8.x
ION Enterprise 5/6, Power Monitoring Expert 7/8, Microsoft Excel 2007/2010/2013/2016
SQL Server Management Studio
Some customer may want to change the report password for security reasons since the ION Reporter password by default, 'report', is very weak. Hence, they would like to have their own set password.
Yes, it is possible to change the default Report password 'report' to something else.
This can be done easily by using any SQL tool like Enterprise Manager
1) Update the Software
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Expand Security folder > Logins > Report
- Double click on the 'Report'
- A new window will open, input the new password and click OK
- Close Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Update the Reports
- Browse to the folder where the report template is saved
C:\Progam Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\Power Monitoring Expert\config\reports
- Open the Excel report
- Go to Format > Sheet > Unhide and select the "|PRIVATE|Datasheets"
- Change the old password to the new one under the Password column
- Save and close
Run the report. ION Reporter will now use the new password to generate the report.