What causes an OCF fault on the ATS48 soft starter?
OCF fault on the ATS48 soft starter.
Excessive motor current.
OCF is a over current fault.
1. Check programming of the Soft start
a. SEt menu
IN – Motor FLA
ILT – Current limit (May increase to allow more current when starting.
Acc – Acceleration (Depend on the torque control setting)
Tq0 – Initial starting torque( may not be visible, increase to increase the starting torque)
b. DrC Menu
bSt – Voltage boost level( Can be used to avoid any starting torque issues)
CLP – Torque control(Turning CLP of the unit will ramp according to ACC in the SEt menu
2. Check wiring from soft start to motor
a. Check for blockage of the motor( motor turns freely, if it is possible to check)
4. Check for correct rotation of motor
5. Check that the motor and the soft start are sized correctly
6. With motor connected, attempt to run motor and check the current draw on each phase of the output on the soft start.
7. If possible run motor across line and check current draw on each of the three phases( should be within the full load amps of the motor and should be balanced on the three phases. If the motor do not run from line power or the current is high when running on line power, the problem is with the motor)