Why can’t I access the PowerChute Business Edition Agent from the Console on Windows Server 2003?
Issue: Accessing the PowerChute Business Edition Agent web pages from the Console might not work properly due to the network configuration of the Windows Server 2003 machine.
Product: PowerChute Business Edition
Environment: Windows 2003 Enterprise Server
Cause: The network configuration of the Windows Server 2003 machine.
How to identify if you are encountering this problem
If you are unable to get a ping response from the fully qualified domain name of the Windows Server 2003 machine. You can check this as follows:
Open a command prompt and type in
e.g. ping WIN2003ABCDE.acme.com
If you do not receive a response for the ping then you may be experiencing this problem.
Modify the DNS dynamic update behaviour of the Windows 2003 Server to register the IP addresses and the connection-specific domain names.
1. Click Start - Control Panel - Network and Internet Connections, and Network Connections.
2. Right-click the network connection that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
3. On the General tab (for a local area connection), or the Networking tab (for all other connections), click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
4. In the next window click on Advanced.
5. In the next window click on the DNS tab.
6. Select the Use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration check box.
7. Click on OK to close all open windows.
By default, the Use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration check box is not selected. The connection-specific domain name of this connection is the DNS suffix for this connection appended to the computer name.
For more information see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779282(v=ws.10).aspx