Video: How to reset the PowerChute Network Shutdown password and user name.
Password error: unable to log on to PowerChute Network Shutdown (PCNS) or lost user name.
PowerChute Network Shutdown v3.X and 4.X
All supported Operating Systems.
Lost user name or password
To change your username or password:
1. Stop the PowerChute service.
2. Go to the group1 directory where PowerChute is installed.
3. Make a backup of the pcnsconfig.ini file - copy it to another directory and rename it to pcnsconfig-backup.ini.
4. In the group1 folder, open pcnsconfig.ini in a text editor.
5. In the [NetworkManagementCard] section of the INI file, set the following lines with your new values:
username= new user name
password= new password
6. Save pcnsconfig.ini.
7. Start the PowerChute service and log in with your new username and password.
Note: For security, the password line will be deleted from the pcnsconfig.ini file when the PowerChute service is restarted.